Next Monday, Sept. 25, 2023, at 10 a.m. Eastern, bench spaces go on sale for January-June 2024 Covington Mechanicals classes at the Lost Art Press storefront. (And we’re excited to announce that both Roy Underhill and Matt Cianci we be once again make the trek to Kentucky to teach!)
We have only eight benches, so classes are – with rare exceptions – limited to six students (which leaves the not-teaching editors here at LAP one bench on which to work). Thanks in part to the small class size, most classes sell out in nanoseconds – for which we are grateful; thank you. But it does mean that it’s best to be ready to hit “register” the split second classes go live on the Covington Mechanicals Ticket Tailor page (and it helps to have a pinch of luck). If a class is sold out, I recommend registering for the waitlist; we end up filling a slot or two from the waitlists for almost every class.
Upcoming classes are:
• Build a Comb-back Stick Chair with Christopher Schwarz, Jan. 15-19, 2024
• Make a Dovetailed Shaker Tray with Megan Fitzpatrick, March 9-10, 2024
• Window Joinery with Roy Underhill, March 23-24, 2024
• Build & Engrave a Shepherd’s Coffer with Christopher Schwarz, April 5-7, 2024
• Build a Traditional Sawbench with Megan Fitzpatrick, April 20-21, 2024
• Saw Sharpening 101 with Matt Cianci, May 18-19, 2024
• Build & Engrave a Shepherd’s Coffer with Christopher Schwarz, June 7-9, 2024
Classes for the second half of 2024 will be posted in February.
Click here to go to our registration site. From there, you can click on each class for more details about it. NOTE: There will be a button on each class page that says “Register Now.” You can click that, but you won’t actually be able to register until 10 a.m. Eastern on Sept. 25.
Check out FAQs about classes here. If, after reading the FAQs you still have questions, please post a comment here, or email email@example.com. (These classes are independent of Lost Art Press/Crucible Tool, so please do not email the LAP help desk.)
p.s. There are still 2 spots available in my Shaker Tray class in beautiful Berea, Ky., Oct. 14-15, 2023. Come cut some dovetails with me; I promise to pay more attention to my students than to Woodsy, the new Pine Croft shop cat. (Or I at least promise to try.)